- Business process management
- What are the types of BPMN diagrams?
BPMN diagrams can represent simple or complex processes, both internal and external. Here are some of the different types of diagrams:
- Collaboration diagrams: These show the interactions between two or more processes, using more than one pool. Each pool focuses on the work performed, and messages can be passed between them.
- Choreography diagrams: These show the interactions between two or more participants. They can be contained within a collaboration diagram, adding tasks and sequences that establish how the participants interact.
- Conversation diagrams: These are a simplified version of a collaboration diagram, showing a group of related message exchanges in a business process.
Each of these types of diagrams offers a different level of detail and perspective on a business process, and selecting the appropriate diagram type depends on the goals of the process modeling.
Category: Business process management