- Flight compensations
- Flight Compensation from Airlines
- What are my passenger rights in case my airlines flight was cancelled or delayed?
As a passenger on a airlines flight, you have certain rights if your flight is cancelled or delayed. These rights are protected under EU Regulation 261/2004, and they include:
- Right to information: airlines must inform you of the reason for the delay or cancellation and provide information about your options for alternative flights or compensation.
- Right to assistance: if your flight is delayed by more than 2 hours or cancelled, airlines must provide you with food, drinks, and access to communication (such as phone calls or emails), as well as accommodation and transportation if necessary.
- Right to rerouting or refund: if your flight is cancelled or delayed by more than 5 hours, you have the right to choose between rerouting to your final destination as soon as possible or a refund of your ticket.
- Right to compensation: if your flight is cancelled or delayed by more than 3 hours and the reason for the delay is within the airline's control, you may claim delayed flight compensation.
It's important to note that these rights only apply if you were flying from or to an EU country, or if you were flying with an EU-based airline. If you believe that airlines has not respected your passenger rights, you should file a claim with specialized compensation company from our Top 5 list.