- Flight compensations
- Flight Compensation at Airports
- How much airport flight delay compensation?
The amount of compensation you may receive for a delayed, cancelled, or overbooked flight at airport depends on the distance of your flight and the length of the delay.
According to the EU Regulation 261/2004, you may be entitled to the following compensation:
- For flights up to 1,500 km, the compensation amount is £220/€250.
- For flights between 1,500 km and 3,500 km, the compensation amount is £350/€400.
- For flights over 3,500 km, the compensation amount is £530/€600.
However, there are certain conditions that must be met for you to be eligible for compensation, such as the reason for the delay or cancellation, the notice given to passengers, and whether the airline offered alternative transportation.