- Flight compensations
- Why are flights being cancelled?
There can be various reasons why flights are being cancelled, including:
- Weather conditions: bad weather conditions such as heavy rain, snow, fog, or storms can make it unsafe to operate flights, leading to flight cancellations.
- Technical issues: aircraft require regular maintenance, and if a technical issue arises that can’t be resolved in time, the flight may be cancelled to ensure passenger safety.
- Crew shortage: if a flight crew member falls ill or is unable to reach the airport due to unforeseen circumstances, the airline may have to cancel the flight.
- Air traffic congestion: airports and airspaces can become congested due to various factors, including high traffic volume or security alerts, which can cause flight delays and cancellations.
- Operational reasons: airlines may cancel flights due to operational reasons such as schedule changes, lack of demand, or cost-cutting measures.
It is always recommended to check with the airline before travelling to confirm the status of your flight, especially during times of unpredictable events.